mchandak Sat, 05/05/2007 - 15:16
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

The First server installed in the cluster is always the Publisher. This is the only rule followed when deciding which server would work as the publisher.

Every server that you add to the cluster thereafter is the subscriber.

This is mentioned during the install of CallManager and cannot be changed after the installation. And the way you let the Subscriber know about the Publisher is by entering the Publisher's hostname during the install process

abbas.wasim Sat, 05/05/2007 - 15:26
User Badges:

Well if I install CCM5.0 on my newly installed Linux machine, what tools (SQL/Exchange etc) I need to install before my CCM5.0 installations.

mchandak Sat, 05/05/2007 - 15:30
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

You dont need to install anything on the box before or after installing CM 5.0. The Installation disk even included the OS installation. So if you have an Linux box, when you use the CM install disk, it will overwrite the existing information on the box, format the drives and install CM OS and then Application. CM 5.x does not use either SQL or Exchange. These are pure Windows based Application servers and cannot be installed on Linux.

Check the following link for information about how to install CM 5.x

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/install/instcall/cmins504.htm

abbas.wasim Sat, 05/05/2007 - 15:41
User Badges:

I'm planing to install CCM5.0 on my laptop, does it support Fedora (Linux)? and what cautions should I take in account.

jsliwinski Sun, 05/06/2007 - 07:32
User Badges:

Read the message above. CCM 5.0 is an appliance build on Linux. Linux is transparent; you have no access to linux. You have WEB and a CLI (not linux) interface to the system.

Actions

This Discussion