Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Error msg

amitbatra
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys,

i have a pix 515 which is running 7.22 . till few weeks back it was working fine. but today suddenly it stoped responding . when i try to go to the monitor mode and upgrade or downgrade. this MSG comes on the screen

isco Secure PIX Firewall admin loader (3.0) #0: Thu Aug 4 21:23:30 PDT 2005

Flash=i28F640J5 @ 0x300

BIOS Flash=AT29C257 @ 0xd8000

An internal assertion check has failed.

Copy the following message exactly as it appears,

along with any visible version strings, and

then call your support representative.

assertion "addr < STRATA_CHIPSIZE" failed: file "../flash/strata.c", line 257

can anyone tell me whats this or whats the problem with the device .

regards

amit

6 Replies 6

zulqurnain
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

What you need is a file "erasedisk622.bin" from Cisco

Power system off, wait a few seconds, power up and hit Esc to get to

monitor>

TFTP this file and it will ask you if you want to erase the disk. Say yes.

After it's done, you can then tftp the 6.3 image over, pull in the config, then upgrade to 7.0x.

That upgrade will convert the file structure and the config file. Save this new config off somewhere

Now you can upgrade to 7.22 and have 2 "flavors" of your config - old 6.3 and new 7.x

HTH, please rate it.

hi my friend,

thanks for ur reply. well i tried to download erasedisk622.bin from cisco. but i couldnt find that file on the website. i have erasedisk611.bin will that help me ?

regards

hello,

i am really not sure if erasedisk611.bin will work for you or not! so no suggestions.

hi,

i have erasedisk611.bin.. but i was unable to loacte 622.bin. can u please put me in right direction from where i can get this file.

regards

amit

hello,

contact me on lomaree@yahoo.com.

hi mate,

thanks for all ur help . well finally the issue is resoved. the root problem was the faulty Ram stick. finally i replaced it and now the device is working fine.

regards

amit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card