cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Stub

hassan_oudeh
Level 1
Level 1

guys i have 4503 switch with supII+TS and im trying to configure eigrp on it, but im getting the stub feature which casuses a problem in my network ..

i want to use full eigrp ? is it IOS issue ? and what is the workaround solution ?

4 Replies 4

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

The use of EIGRP stub routers limits the query scope. Stub routers, by definition, should not be used as transit routers for traffic. Non-stub routers do not send Query messages to the stub routers, knowing that the stub routers should not be transit routers. Configuring a router as a stub router (a small remote router) that can only receive routes, or even advertise connected, summary or static (needs redistribute static) routes. The eigrp stub command has several options (connected, receive-only, static and summary), with the default options (connected and summary).

To disable this feature:

Router(config-router)#no eigrp stub

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Thanks for ur reply mohammad,

i tried to to give no eigrp stub, but i got a message saying that i cannt remove this (i forgot the exact message) but seems that the hardware sup2 only support eigrp stub....

i want please how i can work around this issue to update this switch not only the directly connected but also the other networks and propagate the routing tables to the neighbors ??

Hi,

The IP base image contains only EIGRP stub routing. The IP services image contains complete EIGRP routing you can migrate your IOS to solve this issue from its root.

As a work around, try using "eigrp stub connected static summary" command:

connected Do advertise connected routes (but there must be a network command matching them)

static Do advertise static routes (needs redistribute static command)

summary Do advertise summary routes (both auto-summary and manual summary)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008062cf00.html

HTH, please do rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I could be wrong but I think maybe thats all a Sup II+ will support . They do not normally support a full routing protocol , you would need like a SupIV or above for that . Sup II+ is what they call an enhanced layer 2 switch .

More info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_qanda_item0900aecd80350c9d.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: