Small problem, but big for me about AutoAttendant and voice-mail

Answered Question
May 6th, 2007

Hello,

I am missing a point with voice-mail and auto-attendant. When I press the message button on my IP phones, it redirects me to the auto-attendant message. And if I modify the "voice-mail number" int the "Call Handling" and put the number of my "auto-attendant", it allows users to go to their voice-mail to retreive messages.

So, what am I missing ???? It confuses me a lot

Bye the way, I am doing my first Cisco-IP telephony implementation and have many problems doing it. I did receive a lot of help from this forum.

Thank you for your help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rchilcote about 9 years 7 months ago

The AA number has to be different from the VM in order for CUE to recognize which number was dialed. The DNIS (dialed number) is recognized by the sip trigger in CUE and runs the appropriate application. Otherwise how would CUE know what to do for a given call? You don't have to run the AA application if it's not a requirement.

If you need to run both, then you need to create a new SIP trigger in CUE and a new dial-peer in the router. The dial-peer in your router should be identical to your existing SIP dial-peer except for the destination number which should be the AA pilot number, in addition to those comments I made from my last post.

Router config:

dial-peer voice 99 voip

Description VM Pilot

destination-pattern 99

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.16.132.2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 98 voip

Description AA Pilot

destination-pattern 98

session protocol sipv2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

telephony-service

voicemail 99

!To allow all incoming calls to hit the AA then config all voice ports like this:

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar 98

CUE Config:

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 99

application "voicemail"

enabled

maxsessions 4

end trigger

voicemail callerid

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 98

application "autoattendant"

enabled

maxsessions 4

end trigger

HTH

Thanks Paolo for the rate.

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
rchilcote Sun, 05/06/2007 - 17:41

Here's a few comments/hints to help with your config.

1. The voicemail 99 command under telephony-service is what is dialed when someone presses their "messages" button.

2. With CUE that number should match a SIP dial-peer pointing to the CUE ip address (which you do have).

3. Your voip dial-peers pointing to CUE should also disable VAD "no vad" and use SIP-notify for the DTMF relay method "dtmf-relay sip-notify"

4. Your voicemail pilot number (99) should match a configured sip trigger with the same number configured which in turn runs the voicemail script in CUE.

5. You should also create a separate unique sip trigger for your auto attendant application. This also requires a matching voip dial-peer in the router config.

6. The "vm-integration" config you have in the router config is not needed for CUE. This would be used only if you're integrating with a local analog based vm system or if you were integrating the router with a central Unity server which was called over the PSTN and not over voip.

7. Don't forget the mwi config on the router and CUE.

HTH

g.lacoursiere Mon, 05/07/2007 - 03:57

Ok, I don't have the chance to try out your solution today, but I nned to understand something. In CUE, should the Auto-attendant callin-number should be different from the one given with the "voice-mail" number. Because I foudn out that if I put the same number only one of the two services works (either voice-mail or auto-attendant). Also, I found out in my config that I had put a secondary numer for my ephone, and that number was 66, the same I had put for my voice-mail service. Even though I changed that yesterday replaced 66 with 33, it did not work. When I pressed the "message button" on the phone, it went no-where.

In your explanantion yo also refer to a "sip trigger" wich runs the voice mail. How should that be done

Also, and finnaly, you mentionned a unique sip trigger for my auto-attendant (does answer my first question in this email) ? And what dial-peer should be associated with it ?

Thank you again for your time and explanantion. You'll certainelay get a 5, if I understand how this voice-mail work, wich is almost partially done.

Gabriel

Correct Answer
rchilcote Mon, 05/07/2007 - 05:30

The AA number has to be different from the VM in order for CUE to recognize which number was dialed. The DNIS (dialed number) is recognized by the sip trigger in CUE and runs the appropriate application. Otherwise how would CUE know what to do for a given call? You don't have to run the AA application if it's not a requirement.

If you need to run both, then you need to create a new SIP trigger in CUE and a new dial-peer in the router. The dial-peer in your router should be identical to your existing SIP dial-peer except for the destination number which should be the AA pilot number, in addition to those comments I made from my last post.

Router config:

dial-peer voice 99 voip

Description VM Pilot

destination-pattern 99

session protocol sipv2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 98 voip

Description AA Pilot

destination-pattern 98

session protocol sipv2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

telephony-service

voicemail 99

!To allow all incoming calls to hit the AA then config all voice ports like this:

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar 98

CUE Config:

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 99

application "voicemail"

enabled

maxsessions 4

end trigger

voicemail callerid

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 98

application "autoattendant"

enabled