Passed CCNA 640-801

Answered Question
May 6th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi;

I passed my CCNA on 28-04-07 with 936 on first attempt.

Planning : 100%

Implementation : 100%

Troubleshooting : 83%

Technology : 85%

I am working towards CCNP, any Sugestions Please.

Correct Answer by rodmont74 about 9 years 10 months ago

Excelent! I passed CCNA an year ago and studied about 6 months for old BCSI exam, failed october and passed november, using Cisco Press Exam Certification Guide. For this exam you should be able to find Self Study Guide only from Cisco Press yet which I am not sure there is a CD-ROM with practice tests. I tried BCSI before BCMSN because of the size of material (800 pgs) and I had more time to study. But since BCMSN new exam has already a Ciscopress Exam Cert Guide, you can start with it and later move to BCSI exam, which I found more dificult because I didn't have too much background in routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).

I intend to study new ONT and ICSW exams throught the year as the new books are being published.

Good luck!

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
sr2675402 Tue, 05/08/2007 - 08:21
User Badges:

Hi, thanks.

I studied three months with full dedication, and material i used was Boson study guide, questions from pass4sure, testking and Transenders plus many online questions from http://www.free-tests.com/cisco.cgi, for Lab i used Boson Simulator.

I wish you best of luck.

persepolis77 Wed, 05/16/2007 - 05:09
User Badges:

Hi,

Which one of these sources is better to work on?

I took a look on FreeTest, but many of them are out of scope!!!

NightShade101 Thu, 05/17/2007 - 13:03
User Badges:

You are a man of action

you posting in CISCO FORUM that you were using DUMPs to pass CCNA... dont ask why you are getting decertified if you ever do lol you will know the asnwer.

voiper_99 Thu, 05/17/2007 - 15:29
User Badges:

Just in case NightShade's post above confuses you, the reason why he has said this is because the "study" material you have said you are using is actually cheating. The people who write those documents try to memorise the questions they see on the exam and then sell it to other people in the form of "test king", "pass4sure", etc and Cisco says if ever you are caught using these materials you will have your certification revoked.

I don't see why anyone would use these anyway, what is the point? If you do pass the CCNA and get a networking job you won't know what you are doing because you didn't really study networking you just memorised the answers to a test.

I suggest you invest in books like Cisco Press or the online CCNA Curriculum (I think you need to enroll in a course to get access to the Curriculum).

Correct Answer
rodmont74 Mon, 05/07/2007 - 10:39
User Badges:

Excelent! I passed CCNA an year ago and studied about 6 months for old BCSI exam, failed october and passed november, using Cisco Press Exam Certification Guide. For this exam you should be able to find Self Study Guide only from Cisco Press yet which I am not sure there is a CD-ROM with practice tests. I tried BCSI before BCMSN because of the size of material (800 pgs) and I had more time to study. But since BCMSN new exam has already a Ciscopress Exam Cert Guide, you can start with it and later move to BCSI exam, which I found more dificult because I didn't have too much background in routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).

I intend to study new ONT and ICSW exams throught the year as the new books are being published.

Good luck!

brunokozul Mon, 05/07/2007 - 18:52
User Badges:

warm congratulations Irfan!!!

i'm still working on my ccna. what is the passing score (%) - have no idea and have various info.

brunoK

jameshadden Tue, 05/08/2007 - 06:53
User Badges:

It changes and is never posted right now it is around 839

vleonard Tue, 05/08/2007 - 11:31
User Badges:

It takes a little longer, but I did the Cisco Networking Academy at the local college. Lot's of "hands on" work with the routers and switches.

alwahidi22 Fri, 05/18/2007 - 01:21
User Badges:

HI Mr,

Congratulations, i'm preparing to take CCNA exam but i want to know if it's possible to take my calculator with me in the exam , and i want to ask that how many simulators questions you have in the exam....

Regards,

Ibrahim ALwahidi

sr2675402 Fri, 05/18/2007 - 05:27
User Badges:

Hi,

Cisco Doesn't allow to use Calculator in exam, you should know all the subnet calculation by heart, normally 2 question comes for simulator.

parinda1983 Wed, 05/09/2007 - 06:51
User Badges:

how many labs do I get In my CCNA exam ?can any one help me.....

jaffer_sathik2010 Wed, 05/09/2007 - 20:24
User Badges:

Hi,

There is no lab test for CCNA exam . This exam includes some simulation type question only. At the maximun 2 or 3 simulations questions would have been included .

In my exam (2 years back) ,I got a simulation question related to OSPF configuration .

Plz rate If It hepls ..

--Jaffer

parinda1983 Wed, 05/23/2007 - 10:51
User Badges:

hi

thak you very much 4 ur attention thank you very much sir

parinda

voiper_99 Mon, 05/14/2007 - 18:49
User Badges:

I passed my CCNA a week or two ago. I found it quite easy, though I did not study Frame Relay much so when those questions came up I took an educated guess or two :)

Anyways, I applied for the electronic certificate but I am not sure where to get it from. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

karale.suryakant Mon, 05/14/2007 - 21:47
User Badges:

hi

can you please told me what is the current pattern of CCNA exam

I mean to say what type of question are, and how many simulation are there in Exam.

i am prepareing for exam i used pass4sure,testking some one told me that exam pattern is change.

that why i am waitng.

Also i Don't have Boson simulator full verison

if possible please send me @ [email protected].

ropalomos Wed, 05/30/2007 - 08:22
User Badges:

Dear All,

I'm planning to take 640-801 sometime in July 2007 but I'm afraid that CISCO might upgrade it before the end of this year.

Please let me know if I should wait for the upgrade before taking it.

Thank you in advance,

Reggie

voiper_99 Wed, 05/30/2007 - 15:23
User Badges:

Hi Reggie, if you have already started studying for the exam then I say you sit this exam rather than waiting for it to be upgraded. If you wait for it to be upgraded there is a chance that some of what you have learnt will not be on the exam and then there will be new things on there too.

In regards to Cisco upgrading the exam, I am 99% sure they give everyone months of notice before they upgrade it. I recall when I was studying for the CCNP certification it said on their site the date they planned to implement the change so as long as you keep your eye on the website you should be fine.

Actions

This Discussion