Views
Helpful
Replies

Another problem I can't solve alone

g.lacoursiere
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am missing a point with voice-mail and auto-attendant. When I press the message button on my IP phones, it redirects me to the auto-attendant message. And if I modify the "voice-mail number" int the "Call Handling" and put the number of my "auto-attendant", it allows users to go to their voice-mail to retreive messages when they press the message button ont the phones.

So, what am I missing ???? It confuses me a lot

Bye the way, I am doing my first Cisco-IP telephony implementation and have many problems doing it. I did receive a lot of help from this forum.

Thank you for your help.

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

A dedicated dial peer is required to facilitate communication between Cisco CallManager Express and Cisco Unity Express. The destination-pattern under the dial peer assigns a set of phone numbers dedicated to applications such as Cisco Unity Express. One thing that you need to consider is that the voicemail number must be within the destination-pattern range of the dial peer, and the ephone-dns must be configured for call forwarding to the voicemail number which triggers the use of the dial peer. The Cisco Unity Express dial peer must use Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for call sessions and for the translation of dual tone multifrequency (DTMF) tones into SIP notify messages. A voice activity detection (VAD) must be switched off and a codec must be designated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml#t12

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: