cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to track HSRP interface when the serial is up?

cindylee27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Currently, I have a problem tracking down the serial when the HSRP of interface 10.20.6.48 is down. The routes of a particular network is keep on going to the router1 when the router1 interface is down.

How can I do it as I am using GLBP on the other end. The network diagram as attached..

Thanks,

cindy

13 Replies 13

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

are you running any dynamic routing protocol between those 4 routers (OSPF, e.g.)?

BR,

Milan

is it possible for you to post the config?

Cindy,

do you mean to say the HSRP LAN links fail and the traffic still gets routed over the serial link.

If this is the case then you have to run a routing protocol

Narayan

Thanks guys..

I am running ospf on all 4 routers..What are the things that I need to take care if I am using routing protocol of OSPF? any specified configuration for me on OSPF for this problem?

Narayan, yup, you are right. When HSRP LAN for the router1 failed, it still get routed for one particular network to the serial and the tracert will keep on boucing back in between the 2 serial links.

Thanks, hope to hear from you all again.

Regards,

cindy

Can you post your configurations

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Sorry for the late reply. 4 of the Routers Config as attached file.

Router1 connected WAN to Router3, Router2 connected WAN to Router4.

cindy

Hi,

it seems your configs are showing something else than the original picture (IP addresses seem to be swapped between particular routers).

Generally, I'd check the passive-interface FastEthernet0/0 commands, they might make your routing table confused when the FastEthernet0/0 goes down.

BR,

Milan

Milan,

Thanks a alot.I might accidentally changed it wrongly when want to mask the real ip address out.

Anyway, can i know what is the rectification on the passive-interfae Fa0/0 commands and how to go about it?

Basically now if my HSRP active router1 down, the network won;t be able to go through to Router3.

thanks Milan.

cindy

Hi All,

Need help here..as need to solve the problem urgently.

thanks..

Hi Cindy,

I also noticed there is GLBP configured on one int only, using 139.1.16.1 as a virtual address, while the same address used as an int address on other router - strange.

Also that static route redistribution into OSPF might make it confused when the interface goes down.

BR,

Milan

Hi Milan and everyone,

Sorry for the late reply and confusion. Attached are the correct configuration and hope can get some advise from here.

thanks!

Hi,

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Hi Cindy,

The config looks OK now.

Could you please once more describe the problem with more details?

Which int. goes down, what subnet is routed incorrectly, which direction (i.e., is the traffic leaving the site incorrectly or coming to the site via wrong router)?

BR,

Milan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: