cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR with GK

Hunt.Lee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has a 2811 gatekeeper and they want all their inter-cluster calls to automatically re-route via PSTN (with AAR) when WAN bandwidth is exhausted.

Is this possible? I know with CCM locations it does work, but never did AAR with GK before.

Also, if it is possible, is there any link on documentation that I can have a look at for AAR with GK?

Thanks guys for your time.

Warmest Regards,

Hunt

6 Replies 6

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Hunt,

That can be accomplished with route patterns using a route list with a first choice route group that contains the intercluster trunk, and a second choice route group pointing to PSTN gateways. The only trick in this is the number expansion that must happen to translate the on-net number to the full E164 number needed to send the call the PSTN. If there are multiple ranges of numbers it is best to use a called number translation in the route patterns to expand the number. This will allow you to use the same route list (per cluster) for all ranges.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Dave,

Can i confirm my understanding & if you can correct me that would be greatly appreciated.

Say if I need to call intercluster for DN 9000 - 9999 for my remote office, and the normal PSTN E.164 is (03)93119000 to 9999.

So on the Route Pattern page of 9XXX, should i put in the field of 'Called Party Transformation Mask' to 039311XXXX ?

Also, with this expansion of my intercluster calls, wouldn't it expand my digits sent to GK as well, so the GK would get all E.164 numbers instead of just the 4 digits for intercluster calls? Thus resulting this won't work when GK is online? (GK gets too many digits??)

Thanks again for taking your time on this.

Warmest Regards,

Hunt

Hunt,

You are correct.

In the intercluster route group you will use a called number transformation of XXXX. Only the last 4 digits will be sent.

If this is the only range of numbers sent across the intercluster trunk you could just do the number expansion in the PSTN route group. We have multiple ranges, so it is simplier to expand at the route pattern level.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Hi Dave,

For the number expansion part, how do u do it on Route Group? I can't find anything in Route Group that allows u to do 'called translation'.

Thanks again for taking ur time on this.

Warmest Regards,

Hunt

Hunt,

You need to create a new route list with the two route groups. From the route list config page click on each route group detail link.

Dave

Hey Dave,

The dial plan currently has a 3 digit inter-cluster code followed by 4 digit internal extension, where 801 is code for NZ & 802 is code for Syd

801XXXX for dialing to NZ

802XXXX for dialing to Syd

With the backup call path to the PSTN VG in the event of bandwidth congestion / GK down, at the route list, how can i strip the 801 & 802 and then prefix the (02)9311 in front of all the intercluster calls? (n.b:- the E.164 for the PSTN call is (02)9311-XXXX

Kind Regards,

Hunt