Views
Helpful
Replies

call monitoring

vjemin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Call Manager on central site with 10 IP phones and 3 offices (WAN connections) with 5 IP phones on each site.

I need to record calls on some IP phones.

Is it possible only with Call Manager and how, or I need some IPCC? And how is it possible to monitor and record calls over WAN links?

Thanks

16 Replies 16

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

CallManager alone does not have the feature for voice recording, you will need to install IPCC for voice recording.

As far as i know with IPCC you need to run the agent software on the desktop for voice recording. Other alternative is to use a third party voice recording vendor. I've used NICE before and it works pretty well. See the link below, the other vendor is Witness.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/IPCApps?page=select_technology_partners

With Nice, i had to use span port on switch to record the calls, so in your case for remote offices you may need to have a local voice recorder at each location.

Thanks for this information.

I have some configurations of IPCC, but all of them are on the same site. I use (R)SPAN to record the calls.

But, if I have IPCC server on central site, how can I record calls on remote offices?

Hi,

You will need to add remote recording servers in your deploymet to get record the phones in the remote places.

Nice and Witness provides you with those pieces. You will have one central server to store the recordings and the central database and remote recorders in all the places that you have ip phones.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

What about prices?

If I use IPCC, do I need the same configuration (same servers) on remote offices like on central site?

Where I can find prices for Nice or Witness?

Tnx

For pricing, you will have to contact a Nice or Witness distributor.

Are you using IPCC Enterprise or Express?

Regards,

Juan Luis

IPCC Express

For IPCC Express there is no a straightforward integration with the recording systems (Nice or Witness), but you can obtain the Agent associated to a record easily because in IPCC Express the agent is associated to the physical extension.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Plese, rate helpful posts)

So,

if I use only IPCC, without Nice or Witness, for recording call on remote offices, I have two solutions:

1. RSPAN (if I have Ethernet between central office and remote office)

2. put a second server for recording on remote office.

If I use some other recording systems, I still need second hardware on remote offices.

Am I right?

Hi,

You can use a third solution:

If you are using CAD and IP phones 794X/796X/797X as agent devices you won?t need more hardware or RSPAN. You only will have to plug the agent PC to the IP Phone switch.

Please, take a look at this link (Appendix B, page 81):

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1609/cdccont_0900aecd80331ee7.pdf

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi,

I would like to record every call on agent on remote location.

I still don't know, from this document, how to configure this and how it works.

Hi,

With CAD you can automate this process: when agent asnwer a call you program a task that it begins to record the call. When the agent finish the call you program that the recoring is finish.

You need to do that from Cisco Administrator desktop in IPCC Express.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi,

well I know how to program that.

But, main problem is how that recorded call will be carried to monitor server which is on main office.

If I have L2TPv3 over WAN links, I can configure RSPAN on remote offices. And it works. Does anyone have configuration like this?

With IPCC Express Standard I can do such recording, but I cann't do On Demand Recording.

With IPCC Express Enhanced and Premium I can do and On Demand Recording?

Am I right?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "No", but is it possible to do agent monitoring or recording when the agent uses IP Communicator? How about with Nice or Witness?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: