Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI for a Hunt groups GDM

paul_alexander
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to enable MWI for a hunt groups GDM.

Any advice on how to get this working?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

If you are using CUE this can't be changed and is one of the drawbacks of using GDM Mailboxes :(

General delivery mailbox (GDM) This mailbox is assigned to a group of subscribers. All members in the group have access to the mailbox. When a caller leaves a message in this mailbox, **no MWI is turned on**. Instead, when a member logs in to the personal mailbox, the mailbox menu allows the member to access the messages in each GDM to which the member belongs. Only one person can access the GDM at a time. After the first person saves or deletes a message in the GDM, the message is no longer played as "new" for any subsequent members.

From this CUE doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806f11ef.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the reply. Thats a bit annoying really.

I thought i found a way around it by just enabling email notification on the GDM, but lo and behold it doesnt work for those either!

In the end, I have just translated the pilot number to a specific users mailbox when it diverts into CUE.