Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Groups SSID's

jose2r
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

When you create an Ap-Group you are defined that SSID is going to belong to the AP-Group.I don't understand because they in the AP spread all the SSID that they is definite in the Lan controller, I understand that only should publish the SSIS that they are defined when you define the AP-Group.

Does any form exist of that the AP it only publish the SSID that they is definite in their AP-Group?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jose,

Thats is not the main purpose of AP group I believe and I believe what you see is expected.

The whole purpose of AP Group vlan is that same ssid can be mapped to multiple vlans and then mapped to different ap groups which is further mapped to APs and when you roam to different APs which are mapped to different AP groups depending upon which AP you are associated you will get assigned to that vlan as the SSID remain same but mapped to dfferent vlans.

I believe what you should configure is WLAN Override feature where you can select which AP should advertise which WLANS and you can specify it per radio also.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig40/c40wlan.htm#wp1114777

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

When you configure AP Groups you also have to select that AP Group for particulars AP.

By that I mean under AP detail page you will see drop down where you can selecet that this AP is a part of which AP group and then that AP will only work for SSID/Vlan which is selected in AP group.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig40/c40wlan.htm#wp1124855

HTH

Ankur

In lan controller I have this 3 SSID :

SSID DATA

SSID Voice

SSID Guest

I have defined and AP-group, called Enterprise with this:

SSID DATA

interface data

SSID Voice

interface Voice

In the AP I have defined the ap-group name:

AP-Group name: Enterprise

In the PC I can see all SSID:

SSID DATA,

SSID Voice

SSID Guest ????

I think that I shouldn't view The SSID Guest, but i see it!!

Anybody knows that I have doing wrong??

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jose.

Hi Jose,

Thats is not the main purpose of AP group I believe and I believe what you see is expected.

The whole purpose of AP Group vlan is that same ssid can be mapped to multiple vlans and then mapped to different ap groups which is further mapped to APs and when you roam to different APs which are mapped to different AP groups depending upon which AP you are associated you will get assigned to that vlan as the SSID remain same but mapped to dfferent vlans.

I believe what you should configure is WLAN Override feature where you can select which AP should advertise which WLANS and you can specify it per radio also.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig40/c40wlan.htm#wp1114777

HTH

Ankur

Thank you very much.

Jos?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card