cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move Cw2k LMS2.6 from partion to other partion

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

Cw2k installed by wrong on the root partion (SUN solaris), now the root partion exceed 85%!!

Forthat, I want the procedures to move cw2k to other partion in the same server

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have the CDs for LMS 2.5.1, then you can install those directly, then install the 2.6 update. If you only have the CDs for 2.5, then you need to install 2.5, then the 2.5.1 update, then the 2.6 update.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Not difficult to remedy...

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

tar /opt/CSCOpx

create your new target partition

remove old /opt/CSCOpx

create a symbolic link to the new partition from the old location in /opt

Change ownership to casusers casuser and permissions to match new user

Un tar archive, then restart DMGTD

You might want to do the same to /var/adm/CSCOpx too since thats where the configs get stored by default.

This is not good to do. You will screw up the Solaris package database. Your best bet in this case is to backup your current LMS data, then uninstall LMS, and reinstall it into the desired file system. Once that is complete, and LMS is fully patched to the previous version, then restore your backup.

the thing with symlink on /var/adm/CSCOpx is that every time you install an application patch the install script will kick your symlink on /var/adm/CSCOpx...

It even goes beyond this. Simply moving things will mess up /var/sadm/install/contents and /var/sadm/pkg/CSCO*. Additionally, NMSROOT (including custom NMSROOTs) are stored in various locations. If files are simply moved, patches and upgrades may fail to apply in the future. The supported and safer way to go is the backup, uninstall, reinstall, restore.

True, for plug and play admins it would present insurmountable challenges and drive TAC to distraction if you have issues.

I however like to experiment. I was running the inital release of Ciscoworks2000 on 64 bit Solaris 7 (very unsupported) which required some modifications quite a few scripts.

Support for CiscoWorks on 64-bit Solaris 7 is supported provided you're using LMS 2.2. With LMS 2.5+, Solaris 7 support was dropped. However, as long as your 64-bit installation includes the 32-bit compat libraries, this part is supported. You really can't do it any other way these days.

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to backup-uninstall-install-restore, but should I install LMS2.5 then LMS2.5.1 Dec.UPdate then LMS2.6?

If you have the CDs for LMS 2.5.1, then you can install those directly, then install the 2.6 update. If you only have the CDs for 2.5, then you need to install 2.5, then the 2.5.1 update, then the 2.6 update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: