cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

General Hunt Group Question

mparella
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question about the way hunt groups operate. Say I have Hunt Group A, and it states when a call comes into "A" #1 Call Directory Number 01, #2 Call Directory Number 02, and #3 Call Directory Number 03.

When I go to configure the DNs on my phones, do I need to configure my "Call Forward and Pickup Settings"? If I do, do they need to match the path or "forwarding" of the Hunt List? If I do change them to something else, like have 01 go to voicemail instead of 02, which configuration will override the other? The hunt group or DN on phone?

Thanks!

Will rate helpful posts.

8 Replies 8

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You only have to set up Pickup Group if you need that the calls directed to the group can be picked up from other phones.

Call Fordward is needed to set it up as a last resort for the calls that have reach the 'Maximum Hunt Timer' without any answer for phones in the group.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

When I go to configure the DNs on my phones, do I need to configure my "Call Forward and Pickup Settings"?

You dont need to do that, When a calls comes in to your Pilot Point, the Callmanager will forward the Call as you stated above : #1 Call Directory Number 01, #2 Call Directory Number 02, and #3 Call Directory Number 03.

If I do, do they need to match the path or "forwarding" of the Hunt List?

if you do lets say #1DN forward all to Jamaica all calls to that DNs will go to jamaica.

If I do change them to something else, like have 01 go to voicemail instead of 02, which configuration will override the other? The hunt group or DN on phone?

if you do CFALL of DN1 to DN2 and DN2 to DN3, when the Call hit the Pilot point it will go to DN1 then the Callmanager will see the CFA and go to DN2 then see CFA and go to DN3.

i have a question for you: why dont you test that? so you can learn more about it ;)

HTH

Karzazi

Juan luis is 2 fast 2 furious ;-))

Thanks for your insight.

As for your question: why don't you test that? so you can learn more about it.

Time is tight this morning, I figured I could learn from experts like yourself without screwing up my CM. :) Thanks again!

Really, I don?t understand Zin's comment.

Regards,

Juan Luis

Juan, i was just joking, because you were faster than me answering the question. :)

you know like the movie 2 fast 2 furious...

Karzazi

Apologies.

Today is not a good day for me. I didn't have understood you.

Don?t worry.

Regards,

Juan Luis

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Have a look at the following which describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: