cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN Hardening

anasubra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone suggest any details about WAN hardening or any pointers. I guess, I would like to know about using ONS15454 to switch the DS3's between primary and secondary routers. By this we are trying to give redundancy for the customers channeslised T1 going through single DS3 get failed, it gets switched to another DS3 connected to another router.

Thanks

Regards

Anantha Subramanian Natarajan

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

Actually if you just want to connect two routers to a single circuit (of any speed), an Y-cable should work, just keep the inactive interface shutdown.

On the other hand, if you want to provide two circuits with redundancy, this is something your telco has to resolve for you.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi ,

Thank you .

If the ONS-15454 should be consider like a telco switch ,,what are the configurations are parameters to be done on the same for circuit redundancy, so that if primary DS3 connecting between ONS and router1 goes down, it should kick on to another DS3 connecting between ONS and router 2.

Once again , thank you for the help

Hi,

sorry, I have no idea about the ONS configuration.

For the routers, when the ONS is working as you described, you can leave both interfaces up and identically configured, and these will switch automatically.

Does it helps? Then please rate post using the scrollbox below!

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card