Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with tone indication whe using B-ACD

jumaca303
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I?ve configured the B-ACD with 2 menu option. The AA script is launched correctly and I can hear the gretting and the menu options. Whe I choose one menu option and there is agent available, there is no tone indicating that the calling is performing, but the telephone is ringing. Is this normal? I only hear silence... but I think I should hear the tone indicating that one telephone of the hunt-group is rinning.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

yes with AA-BACD there is no ringback when the call is being transferred. Configure MOH under "telephony-service" and you will hear music on hold while the phone is ringing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

yes with AA-BACD there is no ringback when the call is being transferred. Configure MOH under "telephony-service" and you will hear music on hold while the phone is ringing.

Thank you very much bevilacqua. I thought that the moh only were played when you were waiting in the queue because there is no agents available.

AA-BACD uses certain techniques for transferring the call so that sometime the result is not what one expects. For example, when transferring by extension, and the called phone is busy or no answer, the call is dropped instead of returning to the script. I've made modification to return to script that I've posted in "General" forum some time ago in the form of Unix diffs. If you are interested in the whole modified script, contact me at the email address that is in my profile.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Juan,

Just to add a note to the great info you received from Paolo, the Ringback Tone is presented when connecting via "Drop-Through" mode not the "Interactive" mode which you are using to offer Menu Options.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: