cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 syslog configuration, web session timeout and CM report query.

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there. Running lms2.6 on windows 2003 Common 3.0.5 CM 4.0.8 and RME 4.0.5.

Questions:

1) Is there any way to increase the web session timeout values??? I need to increase this value as some analysts sessions are timing out before they finish creating rules.

2) Is there any way to configure syslog on this server to log messages by device names instead of IP addresses??? We were running Ciscoworks on Solaris before that was sysloging by device name. Several scripts would have to be re-written to adjust to ip addresses instead of device names.

3) I ran a CM CLI device report query in a report and layout I created. This is working in our Solaris old version, but in the newer windows LMS 2.6 version, I can only query all devices. If I select my query, it does not work.

Is there any known issues about this???

Thanks for any information.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Yes, you can modify NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\conf\web.xml, and increase the session-timeout under the session-config section. session-timeout is in minutes. DO NOT modify anything else in this file, and back it up before editing it. Once the new session-timeout is set, restart dmgtd for it to take effect.

2. Yes, this can be configured under Common Services > Server > Admin > System Preferences (check the "Enable crmlogger DNS resolution" box).

3. Exactly what command are you running, and what error do you get? Please provide a screen shot of Campus Manager > User Tracking > Custom Reports.

Thanks for the tips on the first 2 points, the problem with the cli report is as follows:

-With this command the output file jj is empty, only the headings are present, but no data from the database is queried.

ut.bat ?cli ?query -layout ?export -u -p

DeviceName,Device,Port,MACAddress,IPAddress,HostName,Subnet,VLAN

No data

-With the following command I get the necessary data, but also all the data in the database:

ut.bat ?cli ?query all -layout ?export -u -p

DeviceName,Device,Port,MACAddress,IPAddress,HostName,Subnet,VLAN

Valid data

I?m using the same query in the LMS2.5 system (Solaris) and the query works. Also if I ran this query from within Campus Manager Report utility, it works fine. For some reason from the CLI, campus manager (user tracking) does not allow me to specify my own query.

Thanks for any help.

I'd like to see more specifics. Please provide the screenshot I asked for as well as the exact custom query name being used.

Thanks jclarke I think I found the problem. In my query setup I was using for group selection "All Devices" instead of "Campus -> All Devices"

Once I changed it, I got the results I was looking for.

Thanks a lot for your help, greatly appreciatted.

JJ

"2. Yes, this can be configured under Common Services > Server > Admin > System Preferences (check the "Enable crmlogger DNS resolution" box). "

Is this a Windows-specific option?

Yes. This isn't needed for Solaris, since we rely on Sun's syslogd for handling messages off of the wire.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: