Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP TRAPS - SSH

xbanchon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to enable snmp traps to generate notifications for unauthorized ssh access, I have configured to enable snmp tty traps for tcp connections and it worked very well for telnet connections but fail for ssh,

Does somebody knows why it could fail,

I am working on cat 3560 with secure version IOS.

Tkanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

I'm not clear on the mechanism as to why ssh doesn't trigger the tty trap whereas telnet does except to think that it probably has to do with the fact that telnet uses port 21 and ssh port 22. 21 being the port listened to for tty changes. The Enhancement Request doesn't really describe the reasons.

Please rate if you've found my posts helpful.

Thanks,

-Joe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

This is an enhancement bug, which you can view/track here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsa67252

HTH,

-Joe

Thanks Joe...

It is very useful your help, and it could solve

my problem using a syslog server to analyze logs or activate snmp syslog traps and a trap receiver, but I still have a question...

Why ssh doesn't activate a tty trap???

It is not suposed to oppen a tcp connection as telnet does?

Hi.

I'm not clear on the mechanism as to why ssh doesn't trigger the tty trap whereas telnet does except to think that it probably has to do with the fact that telnet uses port 21 and ssh port 22. 21 being the port listened to for tty changes. The Enhancement Request doesn't really describe the reasons.

Please rate if you've found my posts helpful.

Thanks,

-Joe

Thanks Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: