cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500 Support

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I believe the CiscoWorks device package for the ASA 5520 became available recently. Any news on when the remainder of the ASA 5500 line is going to be supported by CiscoWorks? I think I read somewhere that it was originally planned to indroduce this support in Feb '07, then that got pushed back to April. Well, April has come and gone, and still no device packages available for my ASA 5510's.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It got pushed back again to June '07. I recently spoke about this in http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddde0b6 . Even though the product manager assures me it will not slip again, clearly these dates are not frozen. Given that LMS 3.0 will be out in late May/early June, there should be nothing to hold up the additional ASA support at the end of June.

It's finally here - and with 2 days to spare in June!

I've got the ASA device package thru software center in LMS 2.6. With the download I got only the package for RME. What's with the package for CiscoView?

Does anyone have an update on this question? We would like to use ASA with CiscoView but it still doesn't seem to be supported.

Does anyone know when it will be supported?

Alan

There are no plans to add ASA support to CiscoView. Instead, the Adaptive Security Device Manager (ADSM) tool should be used to manage the ASA in addition to the features built into RME.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: