override manual tftp server settings on 7960 phone

Unanswered Question
May 7th, 2007

I have multiple IP phones out in remote sites that have tftp configured by hand. I am changing the TFTP address and need to have the phones look for the new tftp server address. Manually changing them is not an option currently, but using dhcp is. But I cannot get DHCP to assign tftp server 2 while blocking access to main tftp server.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thisisshanky Mon, 05/07/2007 - 15:18

Have you tried erasing configs on the phone ?(Not sure if this is what you meant by manually changing them)

rpomerleau Tue, 05/08/2007 - 04:02

Yes, I am unable to physically touch the phones right now, eventually someone will but I need a fix now, or start writing some instructions to set Alternate TFTP to no.

Zin.Karzazi Tue, 05/08/2007 - 04:23

I used to have the same problem, i did use a tool called Phone Remote (www.voipintegration.com) which was provided by someone here in this forum. you just need to remotly login on that phone using Ipadress of the phone/username and PIN. so someone need to be logged on that phone, then you can remotly connect to it, go to setting and send * wait a bit then send * and # this will unlock the phone and then you can do what you want with TFTP.

HTH

Karzazi

rpomerleau Tue, 05/08/2007 - 04:29

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am not running Call Manager so this won't help. Thanks again.

Actions

This Discussion