Router Management

Unanswered Question
May 7th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

Im looking for some type of software or appliance that can monitor our 10 or so routers around the country.

I need features such as data traffic logging / monitoring, CPU usage, email alerts, interface monitoring blah blah blah

Basically i need to know what is happening on all my routers at all times. But mostly things to do with traffic flow.

I have looked at the Cisco Works software which looks good, however i would like to trial it first and cannot seem to find anywhere where i can download some trial version of it.

Are there any other alternatives to the Cisco Works software that offer the same type of features?

thanks

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
jreekers Mon, 05/07/2007 - 22:25
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hello.

The LMS 2.6 Evaluation CDs (Cisco Works LAN Management Solution version 2.6 Evaluation

Kit) are available via Cisco Marketplace. Please check to see if you could access the link below:

CiscoWorks Evaluation Software (ordering steps via Cisco Marketplace):

1. Go to the Marketplace site at the link below. Please note that you must login with a Cisco employee (CEC) or authorized Cisco Partner logon and password:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/marketplace/welcome.pl

2: Select "Collateral & Subscription Store"

3: Read the notice to Cisco employees and click "Continue"

4: Please select the "Marketing Collateral" link from the navigation menu at the top left

corner of this page (below "Store Policies and FAQs" link). Under the Marketing

Collateral navigation menu, please select "Network Management Evaluation Products" for a list of available evaluation kits.

5: Browse the available evaluation kits and use the "Add to cart" and "Checkout" model to

place the order for Cisco Works LAN Management Solution version 2.6 Evaluation Kit (Part #EVAL-LMS-2.6) using your credit card.

The only other alternative (and the one you'll need to use if you can't access the marketplace) is to contact your local Cisco Account Manager/Sales team and acquire their assistance.

This link should be helpful in regards to that:

http://www.cisco.com/web/ordering/or13/order_customer_help_high_level_listing.html

HTH,

-Joe

Actions

This Discussion