cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 w/CableDocsis and AP-AG card not recognized

edwardfang
Level 1
Level 1

Just purchased a 2811 router with voice and wan cards. The voice cards pick up fine. For whatever reason, can't recognize the HWIC-Cable card and the HWIC-AP-AG card. with a show diag I get the following

WIC Slot 0:

Unknown WAN daughter card

WIC module not supported/disabled in this slot

This happens for both cards but the voice cards come up fine. Have tried swapping the cards/slots around to no avail.

Currently running

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(3g), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

which I believe should support these HWIC cards. Anyone have any idea as to why I can't get either of these WAN cards to recognize in this 2811 ? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The Motherboard WIC slots are numbered from 0 to 3 and the Cisco cable HWIC is supported in the WIC slots of Cisco IAD2431.

If you want to know more please click the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps282/products_tech_note09186a008035b051.shtml

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, 12.4(3g) does not supports your cards.

The cable card is supported in 12.4((6)XE that should also support the AP card, introduced in 12.4(2)T.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello found that also 12.4(11)T supports both cards an would be a betterchoice as it not life-limited train like XE.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!