Views
Helpful
Replies

pix 515 problem

amitbatra
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i am using a pix 515 . with UR licence. the pix is running 7.22 IOS. the problem is that fter few minutes of working it suddenly stop responding on console hits of enter. it also stops ping reply also. the it reboots automatically. some time after reboot it doesnt work. then i have to reboot 2-3 time to see the green light on front panel. i have erased flash and reinstalled everything. i have replaced the RAM and power supply. nothing help me. can anyone advice what else i can try or any suggestions.

regards

amit

6 Replies 6

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Could you paste the show version from the PIX also let us know your flash and dram size.

-Hoogen

16 mb flash and 128 mb ram.

regards

amit

here is the show version

pix up 21 secs

Hardware: PIX-515, 128 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 200 MHz

Flash i28F640J5 @ 0x300, 16MB

BIOS Flash AT29C257 @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

0: Ext: Ethernet0 : address is 0050.54ff.0dd4, irq 10

1: Ext: Ethernet1 : address is 0050.54ff.0dd5, irq 7

2: Ext: Ethernet2 : address is 00e0.b600.86eb, irq 11

3: Ext: Ethernet3 : address is 00e0.b600.86ea, irq 11

4: Ext: Ethernet4 : address is 00e0.b600.86e9, irq 11

5: Ext: Ethernet5 : address is 00e0.b600.86e8, irq 11

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 6

Maximum VLANs : 25

Inside Hosts : Unlimited

Failover : Active/Active

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

Cut-through Proxy : Enabled

immediatelly after taking this output. the pix stopped responding . thats the problem.

hi guys,

sorry to bother u . but the problem is not rectified. the problem is that pix boots properly. then comes to user mode. no probs. but after few minutes it stops responding . and some timeit reboots automatically. i changed the ram Power supply . still its same . what i can suspect is may be CPU problem. can anyone help me or recomend which CPU to buy and replace. i opened the box and it has interl pentium MMX cpu.Socket 7.

has anyone exprienced changing the CPU ?

i need advice which CPU to buy .

thanks in advance

regards

Not applicable

I had a similar issue on a costumer sites.

The PIX overheated because it was not stacked properly. It might sounds weired, I was the 4th one working on that issue and they did change the memory, Power supply without any lucks.

so whats do you guys reckon ?

u want me to add a fan on the heat sink of the processor and run for few hours ??

will that resolve the issue . dont mind firewall working without the cover. but i need it working.

coz i am planning to change the CPU. pentium MMX is hard to find these days . but i am trying to find 1 .

please advice .

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: