cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I find 'IP-helpers' with SNMP ?

ffurholm
Level 1
Level 1

I need to check IP-helper statements with SNMP, and by using (locIPHelper) 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.4.1.1.3 it only lists the first IP-helper under each interface (IP address).

Ex.:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.4.1.1.3.xx.xx.xx.xx => yy.yy.yy.yy

xx.xx.xx.xx interface IP address

yy.yy.yy.yy first ip-helper address

Can anyone tell me how to find the additional IP-helpers (under same interface)?

Reg's Flemming Furholm

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Support for this was never implemented, but was requested a very long time ago in CSCdi01661. Currently, the only way to retrieve all helper addresses is via the CLI, or to use the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB to export the config via, for example, TFTP, then view the helper addresses that way.

While it would be much more complicated than a simple poll, you could design a script that wraps the config copy, parses the config for ip helper-address for a given interface, then spits out all the values.

Thank's

Now I know that SNMP isn't the way.

I have to check app. 1000 devices and due to tacacs timer (30 sec's) CLI is out of the question. The CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB and TFTP

could be used, but most of the devices are managed and maintained by a ISP, who (by now) don't allow us to TFTP via SNMP.

But thank's for the answer.

Reg's. Flemming Furholm

You could also use RCP with the CONFIG-COPY-MIB if that is allowed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: