Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Collection Problem for GSR 12010

fasiddiq17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have installed a LMS 2.5 in solaris platform , in this I have faced some problem.

In our backbone network have 14 Cisco 7609 OSR routers & 4 Cisco 21010 GSR routers.

In config management I have get the configuration change info from the OSR with normal SNMP RO community string with telnet username & password but not for GSR then I have added the enable password for GSR then I have get the GSR's config changes in LMS.

Now in inventory management I have get the all OSR hardware & software (IOS) info report but not the GSR's can you please tell me what's are the possible causes & how do we resolve it.

2ndly in Cisco view I have not found SPA 200 module in OSR, Cisco view shows unknown module.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to get configurations from devices you must have either read-write SNMP credentials, enable access via telnet or SSH, or read-write access via RCP or SCP. There is no way to fetch a config from a device using only SNMP read-only or a disabled interactive shell. The account you are using for your OSR routers must automatically be enabled when logged in, or you have more credentials in DCR that you realize.

As for CiscoView, what version of the Cat6000IOS package do you have installed?

Hi Clarke,

I have using Cisco View 6.1.2 version in Solaris & Cat60001OS package version is 19.1.

I need to upgrade Cat6000IOS package to support the 7600-SIP-200 card.

Please tell me how I upgrade to latest version & which version should I used.

Farhan

Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, select CiscoView and click Check for Updates (get your updates from Cisco.com). To make things easier, install all package updates.

Is it possible taht ,I can download the software from cisco.com & put in the server then upgrade it from the above method?

It is because the Cisco works server doesn?t have internet connectivity.

Farhan

Absolutely. You can get all of the packages from http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/netmgmt/ciscoview/cvcww-download.shtml . Place all of the downloaded files into one directory on your file system, then use the same procedure I mentioned previously to install the packages from the local file system instead of Cisco.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco