Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh Profile

snarf65
Level 1
Level 1

L.s.

Why is there a undeletable Mesh template on my controllers?

since upgrade to latest version of WCS and controller-SW (3750+wlc) (wism) i have on 2 of my controllers a mesh tmpl.

when i try to remove wcs tells me that's not possible.

tried to do it directly on the controller, but off-course that's not possible.

when i see clients trying to connect to 802.11b wlans there is a "Mesh_Profile" which i didn't create.

Any lights?

Regards Frans Verschoor

1 Reply 1

Hi Frans,

the reason that you might be seeing a standard mesh template is for the 1500 series mesh AP's. Cisco have built in a few future feature into the software of which some do nothing. (Page 9 for "new mesh features" of the software release notes) also For example in the latest version version 4.1.171.0 of the controller it now references 802.11n access points. (Cisco statement page 9 - 802.11n radios are not supported for use with controller software release 4.1.171.0. These radios will be supported in a future controller release. In this release, please disregard any 802.11n-related parameters

that appear on the controller GUI pages and any 802.11n-related controller CLI commands.)

Hope that helps

Cheers Mark

*Pls rate all usefull posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card