Views
Helpful
Replies

DID vs. pilot number

yatisengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a PRI on our gateway and CM5.0 system. When we call outside from our pri ports, only the pilot number is shown at the other side. But we want everyone's DID to be seen, when they call outside. How to achieve this goal?

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

To get this working, you need to ensure that Caller ID Field is not configured on the Gateway and on the Phone, configure the DID as the Phone number mask. Once this is done, configure the Route Pattern to use Phone's External Phone Number Mask

So; if i want to achieve this goal, i cannot use the caller id feature..

Sorry, but can you explain as to how do you want to use the caller ID feature. For Unity to route calls to Subscriber Sign-In, you either need a Call Routing rule or the Calling Party Number has to be the Subscriber's extension/alternative extension

I tried what you described. But it didn't worked. Is it necessary to talk to Telco?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Murat,

In most cases the Telco or Service Provider charges for this service and if not ordered and payed for, tags all outgoing calls with the Main/Billing number. Before spending too much time troubleshooting this issue make sure to check with them to see what to expect.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: