Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Implementation

jahangeer_abdul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to implement CSA on my critical server's, could anyone provide the link to Integrate and assign the policies for the server's.

4 Replies 4

codycornell
Level 1
Level 1

If the servers already have the agent installed, you need to move them to into the required group that is associated with the appropriate policy & rule modules! You can search their hostnames, select the server, then "modify group membership".

Hi,

CSA has been installed on VMS machine. No more agent been installed on the serer's.

I dont have the document to proceed further.

Could you assist me on this.

If you run the MC for CSA, you can use the help file there or use the PDF files that came in the docuemntation folder:

CSAMC_InstallGuide.pdf

CSAMC_ReleaseNotes.pdf

CSAMC_UserGuide.pdf

They will tell you what to deploy to servers and how to do it.

Tom

This question reminded me of a CSA implementation I worked on where the customer suggested a witty solution to a common problem.

Here was the situation:

60 servers and a limited maintenance window.

As you know to install CSA requires a reboot. In most cases this can only be done during a maintenance window.

Given that my client had limited knowledge of CSA, and a month between maintenance windows, they elected to install the agent on all 60 servers in a single maintenance window. Immediately after they rebooted the server they disabled the CSA agent. In this way they were able to enable the agent at their own pace, as they grew more familiar with the product. They also avoided the nightmare of watching 60 servers report to the Management Center at one time and all the possible configuration errors that newbies can so easily make upon first installing CSA. They also didn't have to keep scheduling downtime for server reboots.

Moral of the story: It pays to listen to your customer because you never know when they will suggest a very plausible solution.

Hope this helps.