Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with B-acd when hung up during menu selection

jumaca303
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

This is the problem. If I perform a call, the autoatendat starts, and I can hear the menu options. If I hung up at this point, the line is not released, and no other call can be done since the line is busy... I think the line should be free when the caller hung ups...

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

this is the FXO disconnect problem. Please read:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Depending on where you are located, the method explained in the above document may or may not be applicable. For example, ground-start is only available in the US, while battery-reversal and power denial _may_ be available, but you have to ask your telco about. If none of these, you have to try with tones supervisory.

The definitive solution would be you get ISDN BRI. With it, you would have many more features, and never any stuck call.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you very much.

The question is that if I dont use the B-acd, there is no problem with the FXO disconnect. For example, I perform a call from PSTN, the IP phone rings, and if I hang up the ip phone stops rinning, so the router is detecting correctly the desconection. But with the B-acd this not happens...

Here is the configuration of the aa script:

----------

application

service aa flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.1.0.0.tcl

paramspace english index 0

param number-of-hunt-grps 5

param handoff-string aa

param max-time-vm-retry 2

param aa-pilot 177

paramspace english location flash:

param second-greeting-time 30

param queue-manager-debugs 1

param call-retry-timer 15

param voice-mail 666

param max-time-call-retry 60

param service-name callq

-------------

Yes it's normal. AA-BACD has answered the call already and if cannot route to anyone, can take a long time to hang-up the line. Without disconnect supervision, it does not know that the caller has hang up already. Check what happens if you call your aa and don't press any key.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!