cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

serial & line protocol is down

sohail-khan
Level 1
Level 1

recently i have installed cisco 2800 series router with E1 controler contected to my ISP after configuring controller as well as NAT it was working fine now suddenly i am geting Serial 0/2/0:0 down as well as line protocol down . when i give loop to my ISP router he get serial & protocol up but when they give loop to our router we still get interface down . is this media issue or some thing with router controller any help ?

2 Replies 2

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Could you please post a sh controller and a sh interface ?

Regards,

Bjornarsb

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the problem lies local in your site. Let me know hows the conetcivity to the serial port. I believe that you are using some CSU/DSU which is connected to ISP's MDF and then from IDF its going directly to ISP's network.

From where did you give the loop towards the ISP, from your router, from your CSU/DSU towards ISP or from MDF to the ISP.

Try the following:

1. Give loop from your CSU/DSU towards the local router interface.

2. If you get the loop then, Give the loop from your MDF towards router.

3. If you get the loop then ask ISP to give loop towards your router and check the status.

If you dont get link in any of the step above then try torubleshooting the local connectivity or media issues.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card