Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN Reverse Ping

langleys25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am attempting to do setup a site-to-site VPN. Generaly it is working fine but I have one problem that I cannot seem to solve.

Basically, I have a Cisco 831 Broadband router at the main office acting as an Easy VPN Server. At a remote location I also have another Cisco 831 acting as a client. The main office is on a subnet of 10.110.131.0 and the remote office is on a subnet of 172.16.25.0.

I have atatched the configuration file for both routers ( server being at the main office and client being at the remote office ).

Once both routers are switched on, every client at the remote office can PING every server at the main office and use it's resources, but I want to be able to do this the other way round as well. From the main office I want to be able to PING/Access resources on the 172.16.25.0 subnet by using their IP address. I can see that when the remote router connects it gets a local IP address which I can ping, but I cannot ping any PC at the remote office by using it's 172.16 address. Is there anything simple I have missed on the attached configurations that would allow me to do this.

In a nutshell, I want to LANs with private IP addresses to be able to communicate with each other over a VPN tunnel.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

bassett-paul
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar setup that is also not working, but mine is a 831 rtr as the client , connecting to a 3005 concentrator. The one thing I see in yout client config is, it should be set to network extension? mode, I think.

But mine also does not work. I have trier putting it into network extension mode and enable reverroute injections on the concentrator but no luck.