Transfer calls from Unity Connection Call Handler using Time of Day routing

Unanswered Question
May 8th, 2007

CM 5.1, Unity Connection 1.2

I currently have a Call Handler and trying to use time of day routing for certain extensions. No matter what I try it does not work properly. I have tried setting up translation patterns in CallManager associated with the certain partitions but with no luck. I am trying to configure time of day routing for when outside caller tries to call teachers extension during the hours of 8 - 3, the call routes to the receptionist. I have a call handler configured on Unity Connection for the incoming main line. Thanks ahead of time for any assistance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
b_ferguson Tue, 05/08/2007 - 12:05

I found that presentation a couple of days ago, this is very helpful. Now before I placed my the Call Handler on Unity, a portion of the TOD, like the presentation demonstrates, worked but now since the Call Handler is in place, neither of the translation patterns in CM work.

rob.huffman Tue, 05/08/2007 - 12:46

Hi Christopher,

So,if you call one of the Teachers Extensions directly does the TOD Routing work? If you put the Call Handler back into play does it always route the calls no matter what time it is or never route the calls no matter what time it is? What type of Transfer does the Call Handler use, Supervised or Relase to Switch? This probably has something to do with the method used to get from the Call Handler to the extension not hitting the TOD Partitions etc.

Let us know,

Rob

b_ferguson Tue, 05/08/2007 - 14:52

Well, it only works if I call an internal extension that doesn't exist. For example, during hours, I have a translation pattern 632X to route to the receptionist. I have a test phone that is extension 6322. If I call that extension either internal or through the Call Handler if goes directly to that extension. If I call extension 6323, which doesn't exist in the system, it routes properly by the translation pattern that I have configured. If I try to call that extension through the Call Handler, I get an error message that that extension doesn't exist, I created a voicemail for that extension in Unity Connection and it routes the call perfectly, but that extension still does not exist in CallManager, therefore if I create the extension it will work. I hope that makes sense.

I am trying to configure this for external calls that call into the Call Handler.

rob.huffman Wed, 05/09/2007 - 06:12

Hi Christopher,

You did lose me a little bit here (not hard to do :) This section;

If I try to call that extension through the Call Handler, I get an error message that that extension doesn't exist, I created a voicemail for that extension in Unity Connection and it routes the call perfectly, but that extension still does not exist in CallManager, therefore if I create the extension it "will" work.

If you create a phone with DN 6323 what happens. I'm not sure how you can tell it works without connecting a phone? If it does work when you create this new phone for 6323 then maybe you need to reset the other phones or maybe delete/recreate them.

Let us know,

Rob

b_ferguson Fri, 05/18/2007 - 11:23

Ok, I think that I have figured it out. I didn't realize that the order of partitions in the CSS mattered. I changed my order and put the first partition in the gateway CSS as my tod partition and it works. I feel like I have tod routing down pat now.

rob.huffman Fri, 05/18/2007 - 11:33

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution! This will probably help somebody else going forward. 5 points for nice work :)

Rob

Actions

This Discussion