I work for an elementary school in Detroit. We bought a Cisco 1130 access point for use on our LAN. The problem is that our wireless laptops are not receiving its signal.
Here are the details.
1. I plugged the access point into our network and powered it up.
2. I used IPSU to find the IP address.
3. I used Internet Explorer to log into the access point.
4. I gave it a fixed IP address on our domain.
5. I also entered the SSID and the WEP key.
Everything looks good. The circular light on the top of the access point is green. Unfortunately, Windows XP cannot "see" the network signal.
Is there anyone who could help me to get this thing working?
All new 1130 AP's come from the factory with the radios disabled. As you saw you need to manually turn them on. Glad you got everything working!