Views
Helpful
Replies

low voice

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have FXO connected to pstn. i have read that i need to play around with attenutaion output and input gain.

The documents i have been reading are not very clear.

I am wondering if someone has good experience or can guide me through the best practice of doing it.

Good day

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Are you experiencing problems like echo, static, volume of pstn call too loud, feeble etc...? You dont need to tweak any of this unless you have a problem.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

first verify that your impedance setting is correct using the thl sweep method below:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

(2nd same case today :)

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

People calling from outside (PSTN) to an IP phone or even calls going outside are the voice is too low they need to put the phone volume to maximum in order to hear outside people even when i call the customer, I have to put my IP phone to high.

I will go to customer site tomorrow our local time and we will see what will happens.

Thanks for the updates

Good day

thanks for the info i run it couple of time with the same result and it gave me complex5 for the impedence.

things are getting better but it is still under monitoring to see if this has other implications.

Good day

Good to know it helped, after setting the impedance correctly, you can now tune "input gain" and "output attenuation" as you better like.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: