cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP720 IOS

chris_hodge
Level 1
Level 1

New 6500-E running 720's IOS S733ISM 12.2(18) SXF8. I am attempting to update the IOS which is presently IP services. I'm not sure how the modular upgrade process works. Before the switch goes online in full production I would like to practice the upgrade process.

6 Replies 6

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

Enjoy, and please don't hesitate for any further questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a00807714cb.shtml

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

thanks for the doc. Is it true that upgrade IOS modules can be loaded without interupting the SUP720 module? From what I'm reading, it appears that the 720 require failover back and forth in order for the IOS to take affect.

Is it true that when upgrading IOS modules you are in fact just upgrading the software?

Chris, If you are upgrading a module in the modular IOS that means you are effectively doing a software upgrade of a failed module/process.This is a littile different as you have to only upgrade the effected module patch rather than the whole IOS on the Sup engines.

HTH,Please rate if it does

-amit singh

Hi ,

i am kasturi ranganathan working as onsite engineer .i wanna know the procedure for installing, configuration and trouble shooting procedures for the cisco catalyst 6500 switches on msfc and sup engines... can u help me out to guide the process

my Id is networkfmhyd@canbank.co.in

thanks and regards

kasturi ranganathan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card