cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM 4.1.171.0 AP OS?

wackerk24
Level 4
Level 4

Can anyone tell me what version of code is included for the AP's with version 4.1.171.0 controller code?

9 Replies 9

b.julin
Level 3
Level 3

Same as the controller.

LWAPs have the same version SW # as the controller they boot from. If you're asking what version of the code to use to upgrade an IOS AP, it probably still is JA12.3(7)ea2 or greater followed by JX. The release notes do mention having to upgrade to 4.0.217 as an intermediate step between 4.0.206 and 4.1.171, but that is likely only to protect configuration settings for in-production LWAPs, not for adding new APs.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kyle,

I'm not sure if I understood your question properly so my appologies if this is off base. Once an LWAPP joins the Controller it runs the same code as the Controller, so in this instance 4.1.171.0 .

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi guys. Rob here is the information I'm referring too. This is the information from WCS when I choose to monitor an AP. I understand that the AP runs the same version as the controller but does the IOS Version change when running different versions of controller code? Thanks!

AP Model AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9

IOS Version 12.3(11)JA

My my you're right.

The version shown from a "show vers" is 12.4(3g)JA

(C1100-K9W8-M, C1130-K9W8-M ... I don't have any of the 1200s on that controller yet.)

B.julin is this the version shown with controller version 4.1.171.0? Thanks for the reply. What model of AP's are you running with this version? Thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kyle/Brian,

I'm guessing that these AP's were ordered as Autonomous and converted to LWAPP? This is a curiousity isn't it. I'm guessing that this was the IOS Image before being converted, but I can't find any documentation to support this.

Let us know,

Rob

Rob, That is correct. These were all autonomous AP's converted to LWAPP in my situation.

No, one of these (the 1121G) is a conversion and the other shipped LWAPP (the 1131AG)

For the 1100 series I believe I upgraded to JEA1 before JX. This IOS version seems to have nothing to do with that.

The filenames (dirs actually) in flash are c1100-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA and c1130-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA.

Oddly, the 1131 which shipped as LWAPP has c1130-rcvk9w8-mx still residing in flash as well.

(Yes these are joined to a 4.1.171 controller)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kyle/Brian,

Sorry for the delay in posting back but I was trying to find out what this might be. Have a look at Erics good answer in this thread. It sounds like a possible bug;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Security%20and%20Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dde742c

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: