cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE-LE 2.0

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if Meeting place express provides redundancy or load balancing. I will be proposing Cisco MPE with (2) MCS 7845 Servers for redundancy, but couldn't confirm if MPE application can support redundancy or load balancing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I have not heard of an active standy solution, but for security reasons if you want to have one MPE server to handle internal web meetings and another one to handle external web meetings, you can keep this separate using MPE2.0. You will buy a second server and an add on MPE software bundle that will enable only web conferencing on the second server. When users schedule a meeting, they can choose if this meeting needs to be published only with in the company or to the 2nd server (Internet). This feature is called SMA - Segmented Meeting Access.

If you get a second 7845, you get the capability to run 200 web sessions.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I have not heard of an active standy solution, but for security reasons if you want to have one MPE server to handle internal web meetings and another one to handle external web meetings, you can keep this separate using MPE2.0. You will buy a second server and an add on MPE software bundle that will enable only web conferencing on the second server. When users schedule a meeting, they can choose if this meeting needs to be published only with in the company or to the 2nd server (Internet). This feature is called SMA - Segmented Meeting Access.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: