Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SORBS blacklist

Hello:

What do you sugest to do if my IP address is blacklist in SORBS?

They ask for paying a 50$ fine and they refuse to understand I'm using Ironport and low amount of spam can be sent from my servers.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

avi
Level 1
Level 1

I suggest you to talk with your ISP and ask for their help about SORBS issues.
I know that many ISPs arround the world have a speical access to SORBS in one way or another.

We had an issue where we sent a delivery failure to a SORBS Spam Trap address. This may be the case with you too. They will de-list without fees if this is the case. It took a bit to get it done but once we got a response from someone they were very responsive.

Good Luck

I hit the back button.. and it posted twice...not sure how to delete a post.
Good Luck

When I was first building up my network I hadn't set reverse dns away from what my colo gives. So the PTR record for my sending IP looked like:

static-1-2-3-4.something.somethingelse.mycolo.net

SORBS decided that looked like a DSL address and threw me into the bucket of blacklisted dynamic senders. Then my network provider (sorbs wouldn't talk to me) spent the next month working with them to get delisted. Absolutely ridiculous, I wish email adminstrators would stop blocking email based solely on these silly blacklists.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: