cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max number of conferences that ip phones support

ozgurguler
Level 1
Level 1

I need the maximum number of conferences that an IP phone supports. I need this information for all IP Phones, especially 7911,7941,7961,7970,7971,7985.. I couldn't find the info in data sheets..

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure if I understand your question?

You can have one conference per line if that answers it as the phone does not mix the conference sessions, rather the conference (software, hardware) does.

Chris

You are right, question was wrong.. With an ip phone.for example 7911, how many conference participants can i talk to? (in one conference session). I need this info for all models.

Again this depends on the conference bridge being used.

Check out this doc for this information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edae2.html#wp91541

Chris

Isn't there any limitation for ip phones. Can i talk simultaneously a lot of people, if i have enough capacity conference bridge then?

Correct, you can have one active call on the phone at a time (others will be on held), so all the phone does is connect to one destination - conference brdige, which mixes the streams.

Whatever you use as the conference bridge source will allow you to stream different number of conferencees.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: