cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11506 reboots unexpectedly and status led (left) red and slow blink

ccie_weili714
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday the customers explains that they can't access the OA servers some times and find loss packets when Pinging the circuit ip address for OA servers .After a while the SCM module's status (left) led color is red and slow blink . using "show log traplog" the CSS reboot auto . after reboot the CSS some minutes, the status(left) led color is red and slow blink. what's wrong with it ?

the SCM module is bad ?

3 Replies 3

ccie_weili714
Level 1
Level 1

Please help

RODRGUTI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Well, the SCM as you said could be defective, but it needs to be review it by a TAC Eng., what you can do is this:

- Check for core dumps: CSS# show core, please check the date, because the CSS could generated one.

- Code version: if the code version is old (i.e. 7.10, 7.20, 7.30) It could be a bug.

If the CSS generated a core file, I will recommend you to open a TAC case.

Also, you can check the logs in order to find if the CSS generated a strange log when the problem happened.

CSS# show log sys.log

But, what I will suggest you is to open a TAC case when you are expiriencing the problem because is more easy to determine what is happening and what can be done, you can get the showtech (CSS# script play showtech) and with that they can tell you.

Hope this help.

- Rodrigo

RODRGUTI
Level 1
Level 1

Also, remember that it is normal to see the red light on the SCM when the CSS is booting.

You will see the SCM light in red and blinking until the Webns code is completely loaded, until that the SCM light is going to be red.

That is the expected behavior, it will take a couple of minutes, later the light should be green.

- Rodrigo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: