cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static NAT assignments + Pooling?

blakewebb
Level 1
Level 1

So, up front, I have relatively little experience configuring NAT. I have no problem getting a pool working, but I have no idea how to add a static NAT for something like a server into the mix. As follows is the relevant portion of my config as I currently have it (it seems to be working as expected):

ip nat pool **** 75.62.*.130 75.62.*.254 netmask 255.255.255.128

ip nat inside source list 10 pool **** overload

ip nat inside source static 10.0.0.54 75.62.*.204

ip nat inside source static 10.5.0.49 75.62.*.205

!

access-list 10 permit 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255

* indicates scrubbed info

I can access the .204 address from outside and have connectivity from inside...I'm wondering if the fact that I have assigned these two static addresses inside the pool's range will cause issues. Please get back to me ASAP...has to go live as soon as I know hehe. Thanks a ton.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

AFAIK you must create your dynamic pools to exclude addresses assigned via static entries it is because the caveat that the global addresses use in static translations are not automatically excluded with dynamic pools that contain those global addresses.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

View solution in original post

Ankur has absolutely right.

Found the following on the NAT FAQ.

"Q. Is it possible to build a configuration with both static and dynamic NAT translations?

A. Yes, this is possible. The caveat that the global addresses use in static translations are not automatically excluded with dynamic pools that contain those global addresses. You must create your dynamic pools to exclude addresses assigned via static entries."

So your pool should exclude the global address you want to use for static mapping.

Kriszti?n

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

AFAIK you must create your dynamic pools to exclude addresses assigned via static entries it is because the caveat that the global addresses use in static translations are not automatically excluded with dynamic pools that contain those global addresses.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Ankur has absolutely right.

Found the following on the NAT FAQ.

"Q. Is it possible to build a configuration with both static and dynamic NAT translations?

A. Yes, this is possible. The caveat that the global addresses use in static translations are not automatically excluded with dynamic pools that contain those global addresses. You must create your dynamic pools to exclude addresses assigned via static entries."

So your pool should exclude the global address you want to use for static mapping.

Kriszti?n

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: