Hunt Group Call Forward

Unanswered Question
May 8th, 2007

Hi all

I try to set up a call forward for a hunt group on a CCM 4.2(3). I just played a bit around with

settings and found out that I can specify the Hunt Forward Setting on the Hunt

Pilot. The option Forward Hunt No Answer works fine if nobody picks up the

phone after the Maximum Hunt Timer Time. However if nobody is logged in or

everybody is busy the Forward Hunt Busy Desination becomes active.

My question is: Is it possible to forward a Hunt Group to one destination

(answering machine)?

any idea?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.5 (3 ratings)
rob.huffman Wed, 05/09/2007 - 08:14

Hi Reto,

This should work, if you configure a Destination # (DN of the Answering Machine) under the settings shown below, you should be good to go;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Answering Machine)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Answering Machine)

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

From this good CCM 4.2.3 doc;

Hope this helps!

jasondrisc Thu, 06/14/2007 - 08:13

Hello Rob,

I am currently experiencing a frustrating issue on a cfna from a hunt pilot and quite possibly just misunderstanding the configuration steps.

CCM 4.1.3(sr2)/Unity 4.2.1

-CTI Route Point: 8773500 (main# forwards to AA)

-Option 6 in AA = attempt transfer to call handler which is set to ring Hunt Pilot 8773630.

-Fwd Hunt No Answer on the Hunt Pilot is where my dilema is. I want to send the call back to 8773500. Regardless of my attempts, when the call hits Unity on no answer, it arrives as 3630. I thought by setting destination to 8773500 and correct css that this would be accomplished. I have tried forwarding to another DN which forwards to 8773500 via vm profile. Nothing has worked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I currently have a call routing rule in Unity directing the call back to the main AA.

rob.huffman Thu, 06/14/2007 - 13:29

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you (First Aid course today :)

This seems to be working as expected with the interaction between CCM and Unity. Have you thought of creating a duplicate Call Handler to 8773500 but with the 3630 number? This can be done using the "Based on Existing Handler" setting in Unity. To your callers it will sound exactly the same and have the same options etc, but of course will accept the calls with the CLID of 3630. I can't think of a better way.

Hope this helps!

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 06/14/2007 - 23:21

First Aid is a good thing, especially when you upgrade to Emergency Response and they give you the Firefighter's coat that looks so cool hanging in the cubicle. My 5 for Rob!

rob.huffman Fri, 06/15/2007 - 04:33

Ha! Hey Paolo ... I wish I got a cool coat to hang in the Cube, but I did learn some new things that I hope I never have to use. You never know whose life might be in danger could be a family memeber or even a fellow NetPro colleague. It's funny that you mention ER, as it sure shows how important your Voice system is, in these scenarios. 911 availability is surely a must!!

Thanks Paolo, for your nice words and rating!

Keep in touch,

jasondrisc Fri, 06/15/2007 - 04:28

Hello Rob,

No apology neccessary, I appreciate the response.

I hadn't thought of the dup handler, that's a interesting solution. I always enjoy learning new tricks of the trade. The only thing I'm not understanding is why on the fwd no answer from the hunt pilot to the call handler that it wouldn't hit Unity with that destination instead of the hunt pilot DN.

Thanks again for your response!!

rob.huffman Fri, 06/15/2007 - 04:54

Thanks Jason,

You have come across one of the more interesting dilemmas that arise within these interactions :) You almost always end up having to trick the system somehow. When the call comes through the Call Handler @ 3500 Unity is actually dialing the Digits for 3630 to transfer to the Hunt Pilot and this becomes the CLID from that point onwards.

This is why people have problems when using Call Forward All from DN xxxx to DN yyyy only to find out that if the call is not answered at yyyy the VM is left in xxxx's mailbox.

Your thinking on this when you tried setting up another DN that forwarded to 3500 was really on the right track! The problem is still the CLID. If Call Handlers could have Alternate Extensions like a normal mailbox we would be good to go, but I don't know of that option. The ability to manipulate the CLID that Unity sees on the incoming connection is the key and this is the same for all Voicemail systems that I have ever known.

Hope this makes some sense!

jasondrisc Fri, 06/15/2007 - 05:01

Thanks for the additonal explanation. I wish I would've entered a post sooner on this as it would've spared me some unneccessary frustration.

This Discussion