cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 1.1.2 & Information about contacts

angelique.devos
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CCM 5.1 with CUPS 1.0.3 and LDAP integration.

I'm using MS AD and the integration of LDAP and CCM works perfectly.

However, in CUPC I'm experiencing some problems. In the Recent Communications and the Search I can see all the information of the users, so my phone number and e-mail address are up to date. But in my Contacts, I cannot get the information... When a contact is online, the phone number is not available... The E-mail address is available but when it is changed in the AD, the changes are not applied in CUPC.

What could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From what I understand (I could be wrong)from Presence server is that your CUPC does direct LDAP lookups so there is no synchronization. That being said it seems that CUPC caches some info.

For the UserId, I was not clear enough. In CUPS > Applications > CUPC > Settings, did you change the mapping for UPC Attribute name "UserID" (not UID) to "sAMAccountName" (exact word) in the LDAP Attribute Name field?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jguay
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried removing your contact, do a new search and re-add the contact? This might "refresh" the information that has changed.

As for the phone number, is it always missing or just when you start up CUPC? Sometimes it takes a while for the info to sync.

Are you using Anonymous bind to your AD or with a designated account?

It's with all contacts, even new added contacts. Have tried to delete them and add them again but no change...

The phone number is always missing, I have had one user where it wasn't missing but it was only filled in at the top, in the additional details there was no trace of this phone number (which should be the same I guess?), so I couldn't call that contact by doubleclicking either..

Now the phone number of that contact has disappeared again, probably tried too many things...

I'm using a designated account (the same one I'm using in CallManager)

Did you modify the UserID field in Presence Server since you are using AD (LDAP directory settings in CUPC)?

What AD field do you fill in when entering a user's phone number in AD?

Yes, I made sure that the UserId in the CCM is the same as in CUPS (sAMAccountName)

When entering the user's phone number in AD I tried everything: from work phone to ip phone to mobile phone...

If I check my LDAP the telephoneNumber is correct.

In my CCM it's also correct, so I don't think that 's the problem??

Isn't there a way to "synchronize" your Presence Server like you can replicate with your AD in CCM?

From what I understand (I could be wrong)from Presence server is that your CUPC does direct LDAP lookups so there is no synchronization. That being said it seems that CUPC caches some info.

For the UserId, I was not clear enough. In CUPS > Applications > CUPC > Settings, did you change the mapping for UPC Attribute name "UserID" (not UID) to "sAMAccountName" (exact word) in the LDAP Attribute Name field?

You where completely correct!

Thanks very much, this solved my problem

My pleasure. I had a similar problem and that was the cause.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: