Event detection question..

Unanswered Question
May 9th, 2007
User Badges:

I?m doing the design for an IP telephony infrastructure for a client. We are planning on running 5 gateways to the PSTN and GSM operator (2 2821 and 3 2851).

To the PSTN we use a VWIC-1MFT-E1 and to the GSM Operators we use 3 VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE per gateway. The VIC interfaces are connected to a phone cell and is this component that converts the G.711 to what ever the GSM protocol used.

In the router patterns the PSTN is design to be the backup to the GSM Operators.

My question is if there is any way to automatically detected (trough an email or something like that) when a interface that servers the GSM operator can?t complete the call, do to problems with the phone cell or with the VIC card.

We are planning on running CallManager 4.2

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 05/09/2007 - 02:43
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

that depends also by the protocol used on the CM. If using MGCP, all the decision is in the CM, and I can't help much telling in what can be done.

Using H.323 or SIP, you can configure the GW to re-hunt failed call calls depending on the preference set for the same destination-pattern over multiple voice ports.

To simplify all this look at "trunk-groups" especially for the BRI ports, that will allow you to configure them as if it were one only.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Actions

This Discussion