Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with voice quality in integration between CME and CUE

xavilleixa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a CME4.1 in a cisco 2801 and a CUE 2.3.2. When I try access to the voicemail the voice quality is very bad and I can not undersant anything.

Can anybody help me?

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post your config?

Brandon

Hi,

I add two attachments in the post. The first is the configuration of CME and the second is for CUE.

Thanks

Are you dialing into voicemail from a phone registered locally with CME? Are you pressing the Messages key to access voicemail? Can you tell if you are actually hearing the CUE greeting?

Brandon

Hi,

Yes the phone is registered locally in the CME. The problem happens in all greetings AA, TUI, Voicemail.

I hear the greetings but the problem is that this greetings have a very bad voice quality with echo and clipping.

Thanks

Do you hear the quality issue with any other type of call or only calls to CUE? If only calls to CUE, I would recommend opening a TAC case. Could be a bad CUE module.

Brandon

Thank you!!!

The problem only appears on the calls to CUE. Tomorrow I will try to change the AIM-CUE to another slot and if it doesn't work I will open a case to the TAC.

Echo? If you really are hearing echo, something else is wrong. If it's local echo, then something's wrong with the speakerphone/headset locally. Remote echo can't be originated from CUE; it's simply playing packets. I doubt moving it to a different slot will help. I would recommend getting a sniffer trace from the phone and see whats there. You should probably open up a TAC case and grab the messages.log from the CUE. Maybe there are some errors there that could explain this. I would make sure you're trying multiple phones and that the audio really is going from CUE to phone directly. It could be something where it's taking some unexpected path, or there's a transcoder involved or something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: