CM 4.2.3 Does CallMgr Have A Setting To Limit Length Of Calls?

Answered Question
May 9th, 2007

Hi all.. Running CM 4.2.3 recently upgraded. The problem is that we have some analog phones connected to a vg248 that make a call into a dictation system. These calls used to stay connected 24/hours a day such that a physician didn't need to dial up, login to the system, etc to begin dictating. They could simply press a button and start since the call was already connected and they were logged in. It seems since going from 3.3.3 to 4.2.3 these calls no longer stay connected "unlimited". It seems like there is a "length of call setting" somewhere? From what Im hearing they connect at about 7:45 to 8:00am in the morning and it seems to logout/busy out at around 8pm in the evening so about a 12 hour period? They are telling me that if someone comes in at night to dictate after the phone has timed out, its just sitting there with a busy signal. Because there are at least 4 phones there all doing the same thing, I know its not just one call or one port its happening to. Any ideas?

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by astinus about 9 years 7 months ago

I'm not sure about 4.2.3, but in 4.1.3, if you go to Service > Service Parameters > Select Publisher server from drop down > Select Cisco CallManager service from dropdown > Click Advanced, then scroll down to Clusterwide Parameters, there's one there called Maximum Call Duration Timer (min)*. The default value is 720 minutes. If you want to disable the timer, just set it to zero.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Remember to rate helpful posts!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
astinus Wed, 05/09/2007 - 11:05

I'm not sure about 4.2.3, but in 4.1.3, if you go to Service > Service Parameters > Select Publisher server from drop down > Select Cisco CallManager service from dropdown > Click Advanced, then scroll down to Clusterwide Parameters, there's one there called Maximum Call Duration Timer (min)*. The default value is 720 minutes. If you want to disable the timer, just set it to zero.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Remember to rate helpful posts!

ischarcm Wed, 05/09/2007 - 11:22

yes, I had since found it after digging around half the morning. You have exactly the info that I had found, but would have been looking for!!! Thanks!

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 05/09/2007 - 14:24

Hi,

just curious, what is a dictation system ? Do they call a place where people writes down, and these people are always available, one per line ?

Actions

This Discussion