cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Rate-limiting Metro Ethernet

jcvassmer
Level 1
Level 1

We provide Layer 2 connectivity for p2p and p2mp customers. We use 375012S, and 3400Me for our Aggregation switches and 3650G's for CPE's/edge switches. On the Agg switches we can have several different customers hanging off. My question is: I need a thighter way of rate-limiting egress/ingress traffic rather than the srr-queue percentage commands. Is there a better configuration option either Hardware or software?

FYI: Each customer is setup with their own VLAN. Mgmt Vlan is the only one with L3 address. Any advice/information is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Switch(config)# access-list 1 permit 192.5.255.0 0.0.0.255,Following is the configuration of the class map

Switch(config)# class-map class1,Switch(config-cmap)# match access-group 1 (this is the access list number)

Switch(config-cmap)# end,Switch#

Following is the configuration of the policy map

Switch(config)# policy-map flow1t,Switch(config-pmap)# class class1

Switch(config-pmap-c)# police 3000000 8000 exceed-action drop,Switch(config-pmap-c)# exit

Switch(config-pmap)# exit,Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet2/0/1

Switch(config-if)# service-policy input flow1t.

This is an example configuration rate limiting on the gigabitethernet2/0/1 to 3 Meg for example and will drop the traffic exceeding this limit. The figure 8000 determines the burst size.