cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya G3 PRI to 2851 w/CCM 5.1

sdeal
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a PRI tieline installed between the G3 and my voice gateway. Unfortunately the PBX jockey gave me a cable that I believe I have pinned out correctly but, still cannot get the connection to come up. I have 25 pair cable with the PBX ds1 connection to a RJ45 using pair 1,2,4&5. I set the Gateway up using MGCP with DMS-100 protocol, I am using the exact setup I used on a previous Nortel Option 81 setup. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

9 Replies 9

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Steve,

The PRI data channel is a master slave relationship, with the default for PBXs and routers being the user side. When connecting a router to a PBX you need to make one the network side.

interface SerialX/X/X:23

isdn protocol-emulate network

This assumes that your T1 is up solidly, which may not be the case from your description. Do you have a crossover cable, the 1,2 pair connected to the 4,5 pair on the other side? The other gotcha with 2800 routers is to have the network clock select and participate set correctly.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Correct, I do have that setting I have had it bite me in the past. As far as the cabling I have on the 25 pair cable my 1 ->48

2->23,4->47,5->. Then it is straight through to the router. Basically I have the cable from the PBX going into a patch panel which is straight through to my server room which has a straight through to the Gateway.

Unless the cable is the problem. I cannot get a definitive answer from the PBX guy.

Thanks

What does a sh controller t1 0/X/X tell you?

CHQ-GW-01#sh controller t1 0/2/0

T1 0/2/0 is down.

Applique type is Channelized T1

Cablelength is long gain36 0db

Transmitter is sending remote alarm.

Receiver has loss of frame.

alarm-trigger is not set

Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10

AIS State:Clear LOS State:Clear LOF State:Clear

Version info Firmware: 20060707, FPGA: 13, spm_count = 0

Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.

CRC Threshold is 320. Reported from firmware is 320.

Data in current interval (66 seconds elapsed):

540606 Line Code Violations, 3628 Path Code Violations

3 Slip Secs, 1 Fr Loss Secs, 10 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 66 Unavail Secs

You have loss of frame which is either a cabling issue, or the T1 interface on the PBX is shutdown.

I have been leaning towards the cabling issue the whole time. But the company in charge of the PBX assured me that was the correct cable so, I have taken the RJ45 end off and tried the 16 different combos that you can make out of 2 pair. Nothing worked.

So, I returned it to the original configuration. I have had little luck trying to find a pinout guide for that cable.

I see you are in AK. I just spent 9 months up there working on the IPT rollout at UAA. Loved it there.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve,

If you liked it here through this last winter you must be a cold weather person. We had the coldest winter in about 30 years. The skiing was good.

Dave

I put a loopback plug on the router this morning, came up no problem, moved the loopback down to the patch panel in the phone room same thing. So it is either the cable from the PBX or the PBX config.

Thanks for the help

Correct, I do have that setting I have had it bite me in the past. As far as the cabling I have on the 25 pair cable my 1 ->48

2->23,4->47,5->. Then it is straight through to the router. Basically I have the cable from the PBX going into a patch panel which is straight through to my server room which has a straight through to the Gateway.

Unless the cable is the problem. I cannot get a definitive answer from the PBX guy.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: