cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Endpoint with CCME

Alex.Savin
Level 1
Level 1

I use CCME 4.1 for voice calls. Now our company are planning development of VideoTelephony solution. I have 2 questions. First, Could I use Tandberg SCCP endpoints. Second, Could I use possibilities of Tandberg SCCP endpoints for Multi-Conference.

4 Replies 4

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Yes you could use Tandberg SCCP endpoints for Video Telephony solution.

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Tandberg SCCP endpoints (550 & 1000 mxp) only support Cisco CallManager, not express. CME only supports the 7985 ip phone (which is, in fact, a Tandberg 150 running Cisco's SCCP software; Tandberg cannot resell the 150 with SCCP).

Keep in mind that, at this point, the Tandberg 550/1000 SCCP units (I2.1 firmware) only support CCM 4.1, *NOT* CCM 5.0 or 5.1 or 6.0. The Tandberg SCCP firmware has not been updated in several years as well so I'm not sure where this relationship is headed. Sony seems to be the only vendor, besides Cisco, actively pushing SCCP video endpoints. Seems that SIP registrar capabilities in CCM may replace the need for SCCP video endpoints as all products from Tandberg, Polycom, etc. have SIP and H323 capabilities in the base software.

I have had pretty good luck with 7985 ip phones and Tandberg 550/1000 units registered with CCM placing and receiving calls with CME registered 7985 ip phones, even across H323 ICTs. Your results will vary if you try to register the Tandberg 1000 with the CME system, even in CME SRST mode.

Multi-pary video calls always require a hardware MCU. No Tandberg units that support SCCP have an integrated MCU so you would need to use the Cisco IP/VC MCU products, for example.

Hope that helps.

derek.small
Level 5
Level 5

We have three Tandberg 6000XMP systems that we use to do voice/video conf with our CME 4.1 system, however we use SIP/H.323 for the Tandbergs. All our phones are SCCP of course to support VTAdv.

Could yo send me

CME CONFİG AND TANDBERG CONFIG

THANKS A LOT