Views
Helpful
Replies

can 2801 act as a PBX system?

ahmet-saat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi allz,

Im a little bit confused. I have 4 analog lines from PSTN so i have 4 different number. I was using PBX system before.

I have 2801 V router with 4 FXO ports and 2 FXS ports.

I configured it. All outgoing calls works fine.. But the problem comes with incoming calls.

When I call one of the number from PSTN, I cant call the same number.

All I wanna do is my customers may call one number.

thanks in advanced.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No special configuration.

When calling the pilot number, the calls will use other lines when the first is busy.

Once you receive the first call, try calling the pilot number again. If the call does not arrive to a different line, there is a problem with telco.

If you want to see which lines are ringing, do "term mon" and "debug vpm signal".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Ask your telco to hunt-group the lines. They will give you a pilot number and you will receive calls on that one using all the lines. They can also use one of your existing numbers.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Its already done. It was working with PBX, but when i decided to put Cisco 2801V instead of PBX, it doesnt work anymore. Im not sure what special configuration should i do?

I defined voice-ports and dial-peers.

No special configuration.

When calling the pilot number, the calls will use other lines when the first is busy.

Once you receive the first call, try calling the pilot number again. If the call does not arrive to a different line, there is a problem with telco.

If you want to see which lines are ringing, do "term mon" and "debug vpm signal".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: