Autonomous mode 1242AG

Unanswered Question
May 9th, 2007
User Badges:

We do not wish to use a controller and simply wish to plug our APs into a network switch. I understand that I need to revert the APs back to Autonomous mode, as LWAPP always looks for a controller? ...

I have obtained c1240-k9w7-tar.default, and attempted to upload to the AP via solarwinds TFTP, the server can see the AP (both 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2) but it keeps timing out on the upload, I have tried a straight-through and a cross-over cable but to no avail ...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Thu, 05/10/2007 - 05:42
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

TFTP usually fails because of file name mismatches or path mismatch.

The filename you request must *exactly* match, spelling and case "abcde" and Abcde" and ABcde" are three different files as far as TFTP are concerned; the pathname must also be exact, including case.

Also make sure you set up Solarwinds to point to the directory containing the file, then reference it as a "root" directory in your TFTP request (i.e., even though the file is in C:\Temp\Cisco, you reference it from TFTP as tftp///)

Also note that Solarwinds has a file size limitation (as do most TFTP servers) of ~32Meg. 3COM's 3Cdaemon VERSION 2.x does NOT have the 32 Meg limitation.

If you search the forums, Rob Huffman has described a condensed version of the instructions for recovering an AP and / or switching it back to Automomous mode.

Good Luck

Scott

john.preves Sat, 05/12/2007 - 04:41
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I have found that sometimes when I have the .default file in my TFTP root that the Computer tends to pace a .tar AFTER the .default

I have had to physically rename this file again (removing the extra ".tar") and then she work just fine.

Actions

This Discussion